My Art Collectibles

Starting a fine art, collectibles and gifts website was a major milestone for this ex-corporate warrior. Cherish Collectibles features fine art by award-winning American artist Edna Hibel, as well as fine art collectables like collector plates and dolls. It's been both fun and frustrating, growing a business while battling Goliaths. Jesus is with me, and He will not let me fall.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Matters of the Art

Matters of the Art


My father-in-law had surgery for colon cancer today. Finding out that he had cancer came as a real shock to him. He had always assumed that he was healthy because he didn't eat much, pottered around the garden and occasionally played golf. He was supposed to have had a colon cancer check-up in January but he put it off for half a year. Maybe it was laziness, or maybe he was just afraid. Several relatives have had cancer, including me. When it's so close to home, sometimes you just don't want to know.

My grandmother died of cancer, and so did my half-brother. Two other brothers had cancer too, but they survived. It's my parents-in-law 50th wedding anniversary this year and I've been thinking about a suitable gift for them. They have a lot of tacky and tasteless things in their home, so naturally I'd like to give them some beautiful Edna Hibel fine art works and art collectibles. If I could. I'd even give them a nicer home. The sad thing is, my parents-in-law do own some lovely things, most of them gifts from friends and other people. But somehow they felt that these items were too nice to use and enjoy, so they've kept the good stuff packed away all these years while they made do with ordinary and cheap things. What a waste!

Life is so short, and you never know what will happen tomorrow. The Edna Hibel Mother's Day 2007 Collectible Plate which my husband and I gave to my mother-in-law is still packed away in its box. My parents-in-law could have enjoyed a lovelier home all these years if they didn't have such a spirit of lack and unworthiness. They have such low self-esteem. Now almost three-quarters of a century have passed for them. My husband and I will inherit their carefully-preserved precious possessions one day, beautiful items which they owned but never alowed themselves to enjoy. What a pity.

Are you denying yourself or your loved ones when you don't have to? Don't, for goodness sake! Use the fine bone china and crystal, wear your pearls and other precious jewelry, and lavish your home with beautiful things, like fine art and collectibles. Live every day splendidly and have no regrets! Live life to its fullest!

Carol
Cherish Collectibles
Home of Fine Art, Collectibles & Gifts by Award-winning American artist Edna Hibel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home